RGGO Market Report
MSc Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). Data science. Previously worked in electricity industry in Australia.
The report’s sources and information include interviews with registry representatives from Green Gas Trading (GGT) and the Renewable Energy Association (REA), and reviews of legislation and guidelines from UK bodies.
Moreover, it contemplates data collection from statistics organisations such as the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the GGCS, as well as the analysis of transactions recorded with Greenfact from different data partners.
- Overview of the supply and demand for Renewable Gas Guarantees of Origin (RGGOs) – looking at the biomethane in the United Kingdom which receives RGGOs, and the consumer groups who retire these certificates
- Comprehensive information on supporting Non-Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (NDRHI) subsidy scheme, including recent statistics for uptake of the support program, and the compensation involved
- Thorough comparison between RGGOs and the Biomethane Certification Scheme (BMCs) – taking a look at the two Guarantees of Origin registers in the UK, differences, similarities, and statistics
- Practical information about joining the Green Gas Certification Scheme (GGCS) for those looking to enter the growing market for UK biomethane Guarantees of Origin.
- Market participants involved in the European gas sector, particularly suppliers
- Biomethane producers in the UK are interested in obtaining pricing information on the green gas certificates
- Market players interested in the UK biomethane market in general